[IPOL discuss] Vector graphics on IPOL: which format to use?

Miguel Colom Miguel.Colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Wed Sep 7 15:48:05 CEST 2011

Dear all,

the SVG test page [1] has been updated to show the SVG --> PNG fallback.
That is, rendering an alternate PNG (or any other valid format) image when
the browser is unable to render a SVG file.

In my opinion, the web server should detect when it's been asked for a
fallback image and should generate the PNG version of the SVG on the fly.

Best,
Miguel

[1] http://dev.ipol.im/~colom/svg/test.html