[IPOL discuss] The Hatchery: an informal index of available code within our community.

Jean-Michel Morel morel at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Sat Sep 24 12:02:44 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I welcome this initiative, and I would like to specify it a bit more. It
is nice to have a list of codes, but it will be much better if each code
has a standardized presentation form: a title, a small summary, a few
sentences charaterizing as much as possible what it does and a contact
information.

Furthermore, we should by all means insert in this list the IPOL
projects in course. As soon as a presubmission is done at IPOL we could
add it in the list (there are currently 24 such presubmission and they
are identified as follows:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
identifier : a_contrario_block_matching
title : A CONTRARIO BLOCK-MATCHING FOR STEREO
description : The ACBM algorithm computes the disparity map between a
pair of stereo images by rejecting the non reliable matches.
keyword : a contrario method
contact_name : Neus Sabater
contact_email : neussabater at gmail.com
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This will also avoid any duplication of effort and foster collaboration
when projects or existing code are similar.

All the best,
Jean-Michel