[IPOL discuss] optic flow algorithms in ipol

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 21:20:23 CEST 2011

Dear all,
            We have an author from one of our "friend" labs here in
latin america, which want to publish an optic flow algorithm in IPOL.
He has implemented these two:

Optical flow, Horn & Schunck 1981
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0004370281900242

Combined Local-Global, Bruhn & cols. 2005
http://www.springerlink.com/content/t32m75w616838671/

 and he is willing to contribute them to IPOL. I've seen that Enric
has implemented a comparison of many implementations, including Horn
and Schunck. So I will recommend him to publish the second option if
nobody has objections.
In addition, it could be useful to compare different implementations
of the same algorithm, but I don't how can be organize that.
Should we make one publication for the Horn & Schunck algorithm with
many sub-parts devoted to each implementation and links to many demos?
Should we compare the implementations internally and pick one (or
two)?
What do you think?

In the near future we will be contributing with a few more algorithms,
should I announce them here to avoid overlap? Or we are going to
implement the idea of Prof. Morel of making a centralized list of
works in progress?

Best regards,
                   Juan