[IPOL discuss] list of ongoing publications

Jean-Michel Morel morel at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Sep 27 09:28:33 CEST 2011

Here is the list of 26 IPOL projects that have already received an
identifier. I have only put the contact, not all authors. There may be
other projects without identifier, and some of these projects may be
either obsolete or evolving. Some are already included in your list, but
many are missing. What I suggest is that we have anyway a list of
projects that is updated every time somebody requests an identifier.

Best,
Jean-Michel

identifier : a_contrario_block_matching

title : A CONTRARIO BLOCK-MATCHING FOR STEREO

description : The ACBM algorithm computes the disparity map between a
pair of stereo images by rejecting the non reliable matches.

keyword : a contrario method

contact_name : Neus Sabater

contact_email : neussabater at gmail.com

identifier : a_contrario_validation_of_partitions_for_image_segmentation

title : A Contrario Validation Of Partitions For Image Segmentation

keyword : a contrario method

keyword : image segmentation

other_keywords : hierarchical algorithm

contact_name : Juan Cardelino

contact_email : juan.fing.edu.uy

identifier : mms_binocular_stereo_pipeline

title : Binocular stereo pipeline

description : High-precision disparity map estimation from uncalibrated
and non-rectified image pair with a contrario methods

keyword : a contrario method

keyword : homography

keyword : image matching

keyword : multiple image analysis

contact_name : Pascal Monasse
identifier : cm_bilinear_level_lines

title : Bilinear Level Lines Extraction and Visualization. Image
Reconstruction

description : The present algorithm performs the image decomposition
into the tree of bilinear level lines. Conversely, an image can be fully
reconstructed from an arbitrary family of level lines, embedded in a
tree structure.

keyword : image level-line analysis

contact_name : Adina Ciomaga

contact_email : ciomaga at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
identifier : jr

title : contrast_equalization

description : This demo performs many variations around histogram
equalization techniques: local vs global, in different color space, with
or without trimming, dithering ...

keyword : image enhancement

contact_name : Julien Rabin

contact_email : rabin at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
identifier : morphological_geodesic_reconstruction

title : Morphological Geodesic Reconstruction and its application to
Minima Imposition

description : Morphological Geodesic Reconstruction and its application
to Minima Imposition

other_keywords : Mathematical Morphology

contact_name : Jerome Darbon

contact_email : darbon at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
identifier : efros_leung_synth

title : Examplar-based texture synthesis

description : Implementation of the texture synthesis algorithm proposed
by A. Efros and T. K. Leung. An accelerated version of the algorithm is
implemented in order to allow an on-line demo.

keyword : image generation

keyword : image texture analysis

keyword : image texture synthesis

contact_name : Cecilia Aguerrebere

contact_email : aguerreb at telecom-paristech.fr
identifier : flutter-shutter

title : The Flutter-Shutter Simulator

description : The proposed demo simulates an embedded Flutter-Shutter
camera implemented either analogically or digitally. The goal of the
Flutter-Shutter is to unconvolve motion blur.

keyword : fourier transform

keyword : image motion analysis

keyword : image restoration

keyword : image sensors

contact_name : Yohann Tendero

contact_email : yohann.tendero at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
identifier : g_lian_adaptive_filtering_demosaicking

title : Lian Adaptive Filtering Demosaicking

description : The image demosaicking method of Lian, Chang, Tan, and
Zogorodnov using nonlinear interpolation
and a modification of Alleysson's frequency selection method.

keyword : image demosaicking

comments : This article describes the adaptive filtering method of Lian,
Chang, Tan, and Zagorodnov for demosaicking. A modification of
Alleysson's frequency selection method is used to estimate the luminance
at green locations and a nonlinear interpolation is used to estimate the
luminance at red and blue locations.  The color channels are then
interpolated using this full-resolution luminance estimate.

contact_name : Pascal Getreuer

contact_email : getreuer at gmail.com
identifier : gl_morpho_local_histogram

title : Shape preserving local histogram modification

description : Contrast enhancement preserving image geometry

keyword : image enhancement

keyword : image processing

other_keywords : mathematical morphologic, level sets

contact_name : Juan Gabriel Gomila Salas

contact_email : juan.gabriel at me.com
identifier : delignage

title : Simple non-uniformity correction.

description : We propose a new way to correct for lining artifacts. For
example such artifacts appears commonly in infrared-type images
(non-uniformity). The method is based on local histogram modification
using a context-suited of the Midway algorithm (J. Delon).

keyword : image denoising

keyword : image enhancement

contact_name : Yohann

contact_email : yohann.tendero at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
identifier : gm_maximal_entropy_color_enhancement

title : Maximal Entropy Color Enhancement

description : Image enhancement and color correction based on maximizing
the entropy of the color distribution.

keyword : image color correction

keyword : image enhancement

comments : Enhancement of color in digital images is an immensely
popular task, as can be seen that most consumer photo editing software
and even some cameras include tools for this purpose. A related problem
is color correction of old photographic film, where the pigments may
decay at different rates and cause color distortions. We propose to
perform color enhancement by finding a transformation so that the
entropy of the color distribution is maximized. We show that it has few
significant parameters and yields good results on most images, so it is
effective as an automatic enhancement method. Additionally, the method
is effective in restoring images with distorted colors.

contact_name : Pascal Getreuer

contact_email : getreuer at gmail.com
identifier : heat_equation_ipol

title : Exact Implementation of the Heat Equation

keyword : fourier transform

keyword : image interpolation

keyword : image processing

keyword : partial differential equation

other_keywords : Gaussian convolution

contact_name : Ives Rey Otero

contact_email : ivesreyotero at gmail.com

dentifier : heegerbergen

title : Textures Synthesis: The Heeger-Bergen Algorithm.

description : This contribution deals with the Heeger-Bergen’s
pyramid-based texture analysis/synthesis algorithm. It brings a detailed
explanation of the algorithm, a lot of examples and an improvement
concerning edge issues in addition to the C implementation.

keyword : image texture analysis

keyword : image texture synthesis

contact_name : Thibaud Briand

contact_email : thibaud.briand at ens-cachan.fr
identifier : infrared_benchmark

title : The infrared image database

description : The proposed is devoted to infrared imagery. It'll
contains raw and non-uniformity corrected -from both cooled and uncooled
sensors- images and movies

keyword : image denoising

keyword : image enhancement

contact_email : yohann.tendero at cmla.ens-cachan.fr

identifier : lam_vanishing_points_detection

title : Vanishing points detection with a contrario method

keyword : a contrario method

keyword : image analysis

comments : Ransac algorithm with a contrario threshold for vanishing
points detection.

contact_name : LAURENT Antoine

contact_email : antoine.laurent.2008 at polytechnique.org
identifier : llm_ksvd

title : Study and Analysis of  K-SVD

description : A detailed study of the denoised method : K-SVD.

keyword : image denoising

keyword : non-local algorithm

other_keywords : Dictionary

contact_name : Arthur Leclaire

contact_email : arthur.leclaire at parisdescartes.fr
identifier : lmps_selective_contrast_adjustment

title : Selective Contrast Adjustment by Poisson Equation

description : Algorithm for image contrast enhancement by Poisson
Equation using Fast Fourier Transform.

keyword : fourier transform

keyword : image enhancement

keyword : poisson equation

contact_name : Ana Belén Petro Balaguer

contact_email : anabelen.petro at uib.es
identifier : stereovision_with_graph_cuts

title : Computing Visual Correspondence with Occlusions using Graph Cuts

description : A study of the source code from Vladimir Kolmogorov's and
Ramin Zabih's Computing Visual Correspondence with Occlusions using
Graph Cuts

other_keywords : stereovision

contact_name : Flavien Léger

contact_email : flavien.leger at ens-cachan.fr
identifier : modes_contrario

title : A contrario detection of modes in orientation histogram

keyword : a contrario method

contact_name : Carlo De Franchis

contact_email : carlo.de-franchis at polytechnique.org
identifier : mps_piecewise_affine_equalization

title : Piecewise Affine Equalization

description : A piecewise affine transformation of
the intensity levels such that the new cumulative distribution
function will be approximately uniform, but where the
stretching of the range is locally controlled to avoid brutal
noise enhancement.

keyword : affine transformation

keyword : image color correction

keyword : image enhancement

contact_name : Catalina Sbert Juan

contact_email : catalina.sbert at uib.es

identifier : mps_screened_poisson_equation

title : Screened Poisson Equation

keyword : image enhancement

keyword : poisson equation

contact_name : Catalina Sbert Juan

contact_email : catalina.sbert at uib.es
identifier : periodic_smooth_decomposition

title : Periodic Plus Smooth Image Decomposition

description : Decomposition to avoid "cross" structure made of high
energy coefficients along the axes in Fourier domain.

keyword : fourier transform

keyword : image decomposition

contact_name : Samuel Vaiter

contact_email : samuel.vaiter at ens-cachan.fr
identifier : Scale Space for Point Clouds

title : Scale Space for Point Clouds

description : This submission implements the scale space principle
described in "Scale Space Meshing of Raw Data Point Sets" (Computer
Graphics Forum 2011) for oriented and non oriented point sets.

keyword : mean curvature motion
other_keywords : point cloud filtering, scale space

contact_name : Julie Digne

contact_email : julie.digne at inria.fr
identifier : uniform_noise_estimation

title : Uniform noise estimation

description : This algorithm computes a histogram of the uniform noise
level in a image.

comments : It uses large windows (21x21, 15x15) to compute the standard
deviation of all patches in the image. As these large windows should
contain edges, a small percentile (1% or 0.5%) is used to choose samples
to fill the histogram.

contact_name : Antoni Buades Capó

contact_email : toni.buades at uib.es
identifier : wl_texture

title : Wei-Levoy Texture Synthesis Algorithm

description : Description and implementation of Wei-Levoy texture
synthesis algorithm

contact_name : Nicola Pierazzo

contact_email : nicola.pierazzo at sns.it

contact_institution : Scuola Normale Superiore - Pisa