[IPOL discuss] new IPOL development server (fuchsia/dev.ipol.im)

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Aug 14 15:03:09 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

We just received the great news that our new development server
arrived, thanks to the efforts of Juan Cardelino.

This machine is a clone of the current demo server:
* 4x Intel Xeon X7560 2.27GHz (4x8=32 cores)
* 32G RAM
It will be installed in Montevideo, where the Universidad de la
Republica is kindly hosting it, and hopefully taking care of its
cooling, power and network connexion.

The machine will gradually replace the current fuchsia server. The web
address (dev.ipol.im) will not change, but you will need to use a new
server name for your ssh connexions. Of course, all the data will be
transfered. I think the transition will happen sometimes in September.

So, now is the good time to tell us if you want something to be added,
or a setting to be modified, on the occasion of this change. Please
reply to tech at ipol.im.

Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan         http://limare.perso.math.cnrs.fr/