[IPOL discuss] raw PDF version of the articles

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Sat Mar 24 09:49:22 CET 2012

> The only serious remaining problem I see is that some papers
> contained movies

I see no solution for movies. This is a consequence of the switch from
HTML to PDF. PDF movies exist but they are not standard and only one
PDF reader supports them. I do not know of any journal accepting
articles with such movies inside of the manuscript.

When currect articles with movies are converted to LaTeX/PDF or when
new articles with movies are written in LaTeX/PDF, movies should be
provided out of the manuscript and/or included in the manuscript by
showing a set of frames.

> A minor problem in this same paper the comas are sometimes separated
> when they were not in the original:
> "Formalization and computational aspects of image analysis ,"

This is a bug in the typographic processor of the HTML->PDF converter
(wkhtmltopdf), I can not fix it. Future versions of this converter
will probably have better results.

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/