[IPOL discuss] first PDF articles in IPOL

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon May 21 20:13:23 CEST 2012

Dear all,

We now have our first article published as PDF:
-> http://dx.doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2012.mmm-oh

We finally decided, for the moment, to only provide the PDF as a
downloadable file because the in-browser viewers still had some
usability issues: long load time, uncomfortable zoom settings,
unreliable browser support, etc. So, let's start simple, and add fancy
tools later when we have more experience.

The PDF manuscript of this article is a heavy file, 4MB. I intend to
add light and low-resolution versions later.

So, from now, I suggest anyone starting a new article to follow the
draft author manual (https://tools.ipol.im/wiki/ref/author_manual/),
register in OJS (https://tools.ipol.im/ojs/) and use OJS to submit
LaTeX/PDF files instead of the wiki. This process still needs
improvements, but we need your feedback to improve it.

Moreover, articles already in the publication process are encou7raged
to switch to LaTeX/PDF and OJS. Converting a wiki article to LaTeX is
not much work, and we can help you if you want.

Here is an IPOL preprint using the PDF format:
-> http://www.ipol.im/pub/algo/l_bm3d/

Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/