[IPOL discuss] RSS, twitter and facebook

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Sun Oct 28 11:08:50 CET 2012

Hi,

3 tools to increase the visibility of IPOL, because...

more visibility
-> more people know your articles exist
   -> more opportunities to be read and cited
      -> more citations
         -> helps for the insertion in major bibliographic indexes

1. RSS/Atom syndication feeds

If you didn't know it before, there are three RSS feeds for
IPOL. These feeds announce the new articles, new preprints, and new
news annoucements. You can use them to keep informed of the IPOL
activity in your feed reader, or reuse them in another website.

-> http://www.ipol.im/meta/feeds/

2. Twitter

I'm also experimenting with Twitter. The account @ipol_journal
automatically clones these three RSS feeds into twitter.
I'm not (by far) a twitter expert, so I'd take any remark and
suggestion about this account.

-> https://twitter.com/ipol_journal

3. Facebook

Finally, I had a look at Facebook, but I couldn't understand how it
works and how people are supposed to use it (don't laugh...). So, if
anyone understands Facebook and if some IPOL presence on Facebook can
make sense and be somehow useful, their initiative is welcome.

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan         http://limare.perso.math.cnrs.fr/