[IPOL discuss] GSL for IPOL (and libtiff 4.x, but not libpng 1, 6, x)

Pierre Moulon pmoulon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 18:39:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

Does it time to consider Eigen 3.2 as stable too ?

As I see portability is better :

Eigen is standard C++98 and so should theoretically be compatible with any
compliant compiler. Whenever we use some non-standard feature, that is
optional and can be disabled.

Eigen is being successfully used with the following compilers:

   - GCC <http://gcc.gnu.org/>, version 4.1 and newer. Very good
   performance with GCC 4.2 and newer.
   - MSVC <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_C%2B%2B> (Visual Studio),
   2008 and newer (the old 2.x versions of Eigen support MSVC 2005, but
   without vectorization).
   - Intel C++ compiler<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_C%2B%2B_Compiler>.
   Very good performance.
   - LLVM/CLang++ <http://clang.llvm.org/cxx_status.html> (2.8 and newer).
   - MinGW <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mingw>, recent versions. Very good
   performance when using GCC 4.
   - QNX's QCC compiler.

Compilation and unit tests makes it as stable as possible.

Sorry for coming back ... on Eigen.
But I never encounter a problem (on linux, windows, mac, even on IOs) by
using it.

--
Regards/Cordialement,
Pierre M