[IPOL discuss] GSL for IPOL (and libtiff 4.x, but not libpng 1, 6, x)

Nicolas Limare nicolas at limare.net
Thu Aug 29 18:13:14 CEST 2013

> I wrote to the gsl-help mailing-list to have more detailed information
> on this matter.

Answer is: GSL works very well on Windows too. It compiles witn MonGW
without any modification, and with MSVC with minimal changes:
- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gsl/2013-08/msg00006.html
- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gsl/2013-08/msg00007.html

> If all we have written about GSL is confirmed, I will propose a new
> version of the IPOL software guidelines, with libgsl 1,x added to
> the list of authorized external library.

I will write that in the next days. It is the perfect moment to
propose other changes to the IPOL Software Guidelines. If you have
soem ideas, send me a mail and I'll add your change to the proposed
verson 1.02
-> https://tools.ipol.im/wiki/ref/software_guidelines/

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan         http://limare.perso.math.cnrs.fr/