[IPOL discuss] Testing reports

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Feb 19 11:04:04 CET 2013

Dear all,
I think that the demo system is missing the possibility of showing
reports of problems in the demos currently installed and it'd quite
necessary to have such a tool for maintenance and ensuring the quality
and good function.

For example, when we have added the needed changed to prevent the
concurrent execution problem in the demos, they'll all need to be
adjusted. Since this or others changes might need several days until
finished, it's worth to have a report of the state of the demos in the
web, in real time.

This report could be accessed, for example, from
www.ipol.im/status/demos_report (protected with the demo/demo
credentials to prevent the access of web-robots) and it could give:
- If any demo hasn't been still adapted to any known adjustment.
- The presence of potential security problems (the use of the eval()
functions, and others).
- And any other that could be added in the future.

I think that such a report is really needed, since it'd allow to check
the quality and status of the system very quickly, completely and as
often as needed without having to do it manually.

If you agree, I can start writing this report tool.

Best,
Miguel