[IPOL discuss] Policy for download location of new demo/preprints

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Fri Jun 14 17:25:07 CEST 2013

Quoting Pascal Monasse <monasse at imagine.enpc.fr>:
> Hello all,
>
> I could ask the following questions to IPOL editors only, but I think the
> answers would interest others.
>
> When writing a new demo, in the python code app.py, the policy is to have a
> variable app.xlink_src to indicate the download location of the source code
> package. What should it be now that edit.ipol.im does not exist anymore? Are
> we supposed to put it at whatever http location we wish? Is it advised to put
> it at "http://dev.ipol.im/~login/"?

Hi Pascal,
this variable is filled out at the last stage of the process.

Therefore, pointing to the demo URL in Purple is OK.
For example: http://dev.ipol.im/~colom/ipol_demo/ponomarenko/

> An independent question: what should be done by the author to have his/her
> submitted article be put as a preprint during the reviewing period?

It is up to the editor in charge to decide if/when an article should
be uploaded as a preprint. If the authors want their articles to be
uploaded as preprints, they have to ask their editor and wait for
his/her decision.

Best,
Miguel