[IPOL discuss] Repository of test images

Daniel Kondermann daniel.kondermann at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Mar 18 10:01:33 CET 2013

I think IPOL is better suited for publishing code.

When it comes to big datasets, I would like to encourage using our website:
http://hci.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de//Benchmarks/documents/
Yet, I still see the problem of proper DOIs (or similar) with our website which will hopefully be dealt with by the end of this year:

As my job is secured by now, we will start creating a fully free journal (hopefully not even open access) which might be similar to arxiv.org
and also IPOL but including a review system similar to amazon.
(I will share the amazon-rating system as Django module as soon as it is available so that others can use it as well...)
The journal will be classical in terms of topics (similar to IJCV and PAMI) but innovative on reviewing and with a special track on reproducible
research including datasets and performance analysis.
By the end of this year the first website should go online, including a call for a special issue on performance analysis and reproducible research.

Until then, I have heard there is a dataset track in a journal on robotics, but I couldn't find it by googling - does anyone know something
about this?

Best,
Daniel