[IPOL discuss] publishing the LaTeX source of IPOL articles?

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Wed Mar 27 19:35:19 CET 2013

Quoting Nicolas Limare <nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr>:
> I like that too. Does anyone know how to extract the references from a
> LaTeX source? I suppose it is easier when the references are processed
> via BibTex than in plain LaTeX?

If the bibtext file is available, it can be easy converted to XML
using bib2xml [1] from the bibutils package [2]. Then, parsing the XML
is quite easy.

I don't know of a solution to extract the references from the LaTeX
file. However, if there isn't any tool or easy procedure do it, it's
still possible to write a custom lexical parser with some existing
tools [3].

Miguel

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/bibutils/home/bib2xml/
[2] https://sourceforge.net/p/bibutils/home/Bibutils/