[IPOL discuss] Improvement suggestion for the publication homepage

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Thu May 23 04:20:03 CEST 2013

Hi,

> I want suggest a possible improvement for the IPOL homepage.
> I would suggest to add below source code, "code updates". If necessary.
> Does it is possible to discuss about this weblink addition to make each
> publication and code uptodate and so having a longer life ?

I completely agree with the idea. Every active software has updates,
and since they will not be hosted on IPOL, it is natural to tell IPOL
readers where they can find the next versions.

Some authors mention this link in the PDF manuscript. I thought this
was suggested in the Author Manual or Manuscript guidelines, but I can
not find it.

I think there is only one question: Where should this link appear? In
the PDF or on the web page? I don't know for sure. On the web page, it
allows us to change the link in the future, but when and how should we
update it? Who can change the link? Do we need to change this link?

Your opinion?

For papers already published, a link on the web page is the only
option, but this is a special case; I want to know what to do for
future articles first.

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan         http://limare.perso.math.cnrs.fr/
IPOL journal                                             http://www.ipol.im/