[IPOL discuss] minor compilation issues in "Combined First and Second Order Total Variation Inpainting using Split Bregman"

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Thu Oct 10 18:23:29 CEST 2013

Juan,

Thanks for this report, and the previous one too.

I will mention it to the editor and I think the makefile will be
modified in the published version, with a correct order for the
options.

> Finally, in newer ubuntu systems libpng is not located in /usr/lib so we
> need to change the following
> LDFLAGS= -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lpng -lfftw3 -lgomp -lm

I don't understand that. libpng and every other library installed by
the system package manager in a location searched by default byu the
compiler, so no -L/usr... is needed there. Custom path is only needed
for libraries installed in custom locations, and this should be the
responsibility of the people compiling the code because only them know
where their library is. Or am I missing something?

Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan         http://limare.perso.math.cnrs.fr/
IPOL journal                                             http://www.ipol.im/
-> image processing, reproducible research, open science