[IPOL discuss] file exploited in template html page

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Feb 25 12:22:34 CET 2014

Quoting Bertrand Kerautret <bertrand.kerautret at univ-lorraine.fr>:
> Dear all,
> During the demonstration construction, I was using some
> complementary files  used in the HTML template (as given in some
> example demos). Such a file are just for instance an image used in
> the demo of painting or a javascript file). By default the file is
> located to the homepage of the user (on purple) but I wonder if
> there are actually another recommendations for such a file ?
> Thank in advance.
> Bertrand

Dear Bertrand,
the solution of fetching the images and scripts directly from Purple
or any other external location is no applicable, because we need to
ensure that the demo is fixed and auto-contained and it won't change
its results depending on external files.

Moreover, we prefer that all demos are simple and standard, because
this way is much easier for us to maintain them and perform batch
modifications when needed.

The best solution would be having static directories at each demos,
but right now we don't have them. I don't know how other demos manage
to it, so could you give some example of IPOL demo doing this, so we
can evaluate it?

Thanks,
Miguel