[IPOL discuss] [IPOL tech] two questions about demos

rafael grompone von gioi grompone at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 21:17:17 CET 2014

Hi,

I have two technical questions about demos. I'm not
sure if this is the right mailing list to ask. If not, could
you please tell me which is the right one?

The questions are the following:

1) When using 2 or more input images, is there a way
of indicating to the input handling routines that all the
images should be the same size, so that is handled
automatically? Or I must check this in my app and
generate an error page in case is not?

2) I was wondering why my demo was not using the
full browser width. I then discovered that the reason
is that the CSS in http://www.ipol.im/local.css includes:

#content{max-width:64em;}

imposing a fixed maximal width to the contents of the
web pages. Is there any reason to impose this limit to all pages?
If it is necessary for the ipol front page and articles' web pages,
it may be a good idea to separate in two groups: text pages
and demo pages. By the way, I noticed this option is overwritten
in the archive pages.

Thank you!
rafael