[IPOL discuss] MATLAB demos

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Jun 1 15:40:10 CEST 2015

Quoting Enric Meinhardt-Llopis <enric.meinhardt at cmla.ens-cachan.fr>:

> Dear Miguel,
>
> I have updated my local clone of the demo system, and now all my demos
> print a lot of warnings that say "matlab path directory does not
> exist".  Is this the intended behaviour for computers without matlab?
>
> Regards,
> Enric

Hi Enric,
yes, it is the intended behavior.

Now the demo system should be able to execute MATLAB code by default
and therefore it complains if in the configuration file it doesn't
find the MATLAB paths.

It's a design decision but we can avoid showing this warning if we
think it's better.

Of course, it'll work as usual even if you don't have MATLAB installed.
In any case, use can simple comment the line in your local
installation if you prefer not to see the warning (in empty_app.py).

Best,
Miguel