[IPOL discuss] [IPOL announce] new article: The Inverse Compositional Algorithm for Parametric Registration

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Wed Nov 9 11:56:31 CET 2016

A new article is available in IPOL: http://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2016/153/

Javier Sánchez,
The Inverse Compositional Algorithm for Parametric Registration,
Image Processing On Line, 6 (2016), pp. 212–232.
https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2016.153

Abstract
We present an implementation of the inverse compositional algorithm for
parametric motion estimation. It computes a global motion between two
images using a non-linear least square technique. Our implementation
allows computing several types of planar transformations, such as
translations, similarities, affinities or homographies. The algorithm is
iterative so it typically yields solutions with high accuracy. The use
of robust error functions, different from the L2 norm, improves the
stability of the method under the presence of noise and occlusions, and
allows it to detect the predominant motion, even if there are several
types of displacements. The method works with multi-channel images and
makes use of a coarse–to–fine strategy for dealing with large displacements.

--
IPOL - Image Processing On Line   - http://ipol.im/

contact     edit at ipol.im          - http://www.ipol.im/meta/contact/
news+feeds  twitter @IPOL_journal - http://www.ipol.im/meta/feeds/