[IPOL discuss] [IPOL announce] new article: 2D Filtering of Curvilinear Structures by Ranking the Orientation Responses of Path Operators (RORPO)

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Sun Oct 1 22:49:06 CEST 2017

A new article is available in IPOL: http://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2017/207/

Odyssee Merveille, Benoît Naegel, Hugues Talbot, Laurent Najman, and
Nicolas Passat,
2D Filtering of Curvilinear Structures by Ranking the Orientation
Image Processing On Line, 7 (2017), pp. 246–261.
https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2017.207

Abstract
We present a filtering method for 2D curvilinear structures, called
RORPO (Ranking the Orientation Responses of Path Operators). RORPO is
based on path operators, a recently developed family of mathematical
morphology filters. Compared with state of the art methods, RORPO is
non-local and well adapted to the intrinsic anisotropy of curvilinear
structures. Since RORPO does not depend on a linear scale-space
framework, it tends to preserve object contours without a blurring
effect. Due to these properties, RORPO is a useful low-level filter and
can also serve as a curvilinear prior in segmentation frameworks. In
this article, after introducing RORPO, we develop the 2D version of the
algorithm and present a few applications.

--
IPOL - Image Processing On Line   - http://ipol.im/

contact     edit at ipol.im          - http://www.ipol.im/meta/contact/
news+feeds  twitter @IPOL_journal - http://www.ipol.im/meta/feeds/