[IPOL discuss] [IPOL announce] new article: An Algorithm for Gaussian Texture Inpainting

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Mon Oct 9 15:30:14 CEST 2017

A new article is available in IPOL: http://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2017/198/

Bruno Galerne, and Arthur Leclaire,
An Algorithm for Gaussian Texture Inpainting,
Image Processing On Line, 7 (2017), pp. 262–277.
https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2017.198

Abstract
Inpainting consists in computing a plausible completion of missing parts
of an image given the available content. In the case of images composed
of a homogeneous microtexture, inpainting can be addressed by relying on
Gaussian conditional simulation. In this paper we describe an algorithm
which allows to perform inpainting by Gaussian conditional simulation,
in a scalable way. We provide a detailed numerical study of this algorithm.

--
IPOL - Image Processing On Line   - http://ipol.im/

contact     edit at ipol.im          - http://www.ipol.im/meta/contact/
news+feeds  twitter @IPOL_journal - http://www.ipol.im/meta/feeds/