[IPOL discuss] [IPOL announce] new article: Optimization of Image B-spline Interpolation for GPU Architectures

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Fri Aug 2 00:58:00 CEST 2019

A new article is available in IPOL: http://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2019/257/

Thibaud Briand, and Axel Davy,
Optimization of Image B-spline Interpolation for GPU Architectures,
Image Processing On Line, 9 (2019), pp. 183–204.
https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2019.257

Abstract
Interpolation is a vital piece of many image processing pipelines. In
this document we present how to optimize the implementation of image
B-spline interpolation for GPU architectures. The implementation is
based on the one proposed by Briand and Monasse in 2018 and works for
orders up to 11. The two main optimizations consist in: (1) transposing
the B-spline coefficients before the prefiltering of the rows and (2)
dividing columns into subregions in order to use more threads. We assess
the impact of the floating point precision and of using high B-spline
orders.

--
IPOL - Image Processing On Line   - http://ipol.im/

contact     edit at ipol.im          - http://www.ipol.im/meta/contact/