[IPOL discuss] New major feature: interactive controls

Pascal Monasse pascal.monasse at enpc.fr
Fri Aug 2 16:49:26 CEST 2019

Dear all,

I am experimenting with the mask functionality and I noticed some shortcoming:
the colors are not uniform. The thick dot painted when clicking has some
antialising at the boundaries, resulting in different colors. This is annoying
for me, as the colors are significant in one of my demos: each color determines
a unique region. I assume current demos using this feature are not interested
in the actual color, they use the mask only as on/off, but for me this is not
sufficient.
This antiasing does not seem useful, and is an impediment for my demo. I do
not think that anybody would miss it if disabled, and it would fix my problem.

On a related matter, the mask control seems to have a small layout problem, as
you can see in the attached image: the image is just next to the buttons with
no  padding. That does not happen with a regular gallery.
This is with Firefox 66.0.3 in Ubuntu.

Pascal Monasse
IMAGINE, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
Tel: 01 64 15 21 76