[IPOL discuss] [IPOL announce] new article: An Algorithm for 3D Curve Smoothing

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Sun Feb 28 20:16:12 CET 2021

A new article is available in IPOL: http://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2021/292/

Daniel Santana-Cedrés, Nelson Monzón, and Luis Álvarez,
An Algorithm for 3D Curve Smoothing,
Image Processing On Line, 11 (2021), pp. 37–55.
https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2021.292

Abstract
In this work we present an application of curve evolution techniques to
the smoothing of 3D curves. We study two types of application scenarios:
in the first one, the curve is just given by an ordered set of 3D
points, and in the second one, the curve represents the medial axis of a
3D volume. In this last scenario, the input of the algorithm is the 3D
volume and a 3D curve representing an approximation of the volume medial
axis. We propose an algorithm for 3D curve smoothing, based on a curve
evolution equation which includes both scenarios. We present a variety
of experiments to show the performance of the proposed technique.

--
IPOL - Image Processing On Line   - http://ipol.im/

contact     edit at ipol.im          - http://www.ipol.im/meta/contact/
news+feeds  twitter @IPOL_journal - http://www.ipol.im/meta/feeds/