[IPOL discuss] [IPOL announce] new article: CAEclust: A Consensus of Autoencoders Representations for Clustering

announcements about the IPOL journal announce at list.ipol.im
Tue Dec 20 16:17:35 CET 2022

A new article is available in IPOL: http://www.ipol.im/pub/art/2022/398/

Séverine Affeldt, Lazhar Labiod, and Mohamed Nadif,
CAEclust: A Consensus of Autoencoders Representations for Clustering,
Image Processing On Line, 12 (2022), pp. 590–603.
https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2022.398

Abstract
The CAEclust Python package implements an original deep spectral
clustering in an ensemble framework. Recently, strategies combining
classical clustering approaches and deep autoencoders have been
proposed, but their effectiveness is impeded by deep network
hyperparameters settings. We alleviate this issue with a consensus
solution that hinges on the fusion of multiple deep autoencoder
representations and spectral clustering. CAEclust offers an efficient
merging of encodings by using the landmarks strategy and demonstrates
its effectiveness on benchmark data. CAEclust enables to reproduce our
experiments and explore novel datasets.

--
IPOL - Image Processing On Line   - http://ipol.im/

contact     edit at ipol.im          - http://www.ipol.im/meta/contact/