[IPOL discuss] testing the new version of the demos

Juan Cardelino juanc at fing.edu.uy
Thu Nov 18 13:20:15 CET 2010

Some more issues:
*there is an untold dependency of ccache on one of the demos.
*some code appears to be missing, when building my_affine_sift i get
the following error:

 BUILD retrieving: http://www.ipol.im/pub/algo/my_affine_sift/ASIFT_png.tar.gz
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./demo.py", line 148, in <module>
    do_build(demo_dict)
  File "./demo.py", line 64, in do_build
    demo.build()
  File "/home/juan/juanc/trabajo/ipol/ipol_demo/app/my_affine_sift/app.py",
line 62, in build
    build.download(asift_tgz_url, asift_tgz_file)
  File "/home/juan/juanc/trabajo/ipol/ipol_demo/lib/build.py", line
51, in download
    url_handle = urllib2.urlopen(url)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
    return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 397, in open
    response = meth(req, response)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 510, in http_response
    'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 435, in error
    return self._call_chain(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 518, in http_error_default
    raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

I confirmed that the file
http://www.ipol.im/pub/algo/my_affine_sift/ASIFT_png.tar.gz can't be
found.
For the moment, I will just delete this demo and keep going.
Best,
      Juan