[IPOL discuss] demo RGBprocess (RGB cube visualization)

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Thu Oct 28 07:33:09 CEST 2010

> -il y a un petit défaut de l'interactivité  qu'il faudrait à mon
> avis corriger: si tu sélectionnes le second point au dessus du
> premier ou à gauche du premier, cela fait échouer.

The solution is to use (min(x0, x1), min(y0, y1)) and (max(x0, x1),
max(y0, y1)) as the rectangle corners instead of (x0, y0) and (x1,
y1).

> -un détail de présentation: on aurait envie de voir les nuages un
> peu plus gros (dans certains portables les pixels sont petits).

I think the special settings for very high resolution screens should
be handled locally, by people using such screens (all modern browsers
have a zoom option, usually linies to the shortcuts Ctrl/+, Ctrl/-).

The most common screen resolutions on the internet are still 1024x768,
1280x800, 1440x900 and 1280x1024, and they represent 61% of the user
screens[1].

[1]http://www.screenresolution.org/

60% of the browser windows (this is the measure that really matters)
are less than 1250x650[2].

[2]http://browsersize.googlelabs.com/

Since January 1st, the screen resolution of IPOL visitors, as computed
by our web statistics program, is
* 1280x800  18%
* 1280x1024 15%
* 1440x900  11%
* 1024x768  10%
* 1680x1050 10%
* 1920x1200  8%
* 1366x768   4%
* 1920x1080  4%
* ...
The full statistics are attached to this message.

So anything larger than 1440 pixels is a minority. Screens larger
than 1680 pixels count for less that 15% of our visits (even if it
includes the IPOL editor in chief :) )

--
Nicolas LIMARE
http://nicolas.limare.net/                         pgp:0xFA423F4F