[IPOL discuss] demo/archive/algo cross-linking [Re: publishing a new demo (abmh_real_time_morphological_snakes_algorithm)]

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Thu Aug 18 06:16:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

> It is really hard to go back to the wiki page, or to the
> archive. In this sense, the original version (the one running on the
> older url (megawave something)) of this demo had some nice navigation
> buttons to go back to the wiki. Shouldn't we use this interface for
> every demo?

Yes, direct cross-links between algo, demo and archive should be there
for every demo, as it was done before. This should be done in the base
demo code (lib/base_app.py and lib/template) and use urls availabel as
class attibutes for each demo.
It has been on my low-priority todo-list for a long time, and I
intended to to do it with CSS tabs[1] instead of the button-like
links on the old system.

[1]http://unraveled.com/publications/css_tabs/
   or similar http://www.google.com/search?q=css%20tabs

Anyone is welcome to volunteer to implement it. The best way would be
a patch against the ipol_demo master git branch[2], but I can also do
the patch part if you only provide me the modified files.

[2]http://dev.ipol.im/git/?p=nil/ipol_demo.git;a=summary
   git clone http://dev.ipol.im/git/nil/ipol_demo.git

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/