[IPOL discuss] Typographic problem

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Aug 22 12:47:45 CEST 2011

> In this demo, some equations are not rendered:
> http://dev.ipol.im/~nil/tmp/ipol/iki_mathjax/ags_algebraic_lens_distortion_estimation/
> Is that on purpose? or just an error?

I just did a quick and dirty conversion. Tots of things were not
correctly converted. The only parts that matter are the ones correctly
trendered, ignore everything else.

> Is there any way to feed ikiwiki with a latex complete latex input?

Latex is not a supported input format for ikiwiki[1]. There is an
external plugin[2] to use handle latex input with the pandoc
converter, bur these are unofficial unsupported ikiwiki plugins; we
shouldn't use them until someones takes the responsibility to maintain
it. I won't, I don't program in perl (ikiwiki is perl).

[1] http://ikiwiki.info/plugins/type/format/
[2] https://github.com/profjim/pandoc-iki based on
    http://jblevins.org/git/ikiwiki/plugins.git/tree/pandoc.pm

> Even if we can embedded everything in the PDF, the web page looks
> better online and it is nicely integrated into the look and feel of
> the demo and archive system.

This may be achievable with pandoc and some restrictions on the latex
syntax, out of the wiki system (which is not required per se). Did
anyone try pandoc on real-life articles?

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/