[IPOL discuss] Eigen, once again...

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Sun Dec 18 07:34:14 CET 2011

> My message is there, with detailed build logs
> -> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.eigen/2561

More tests after some answers from the Eigen authors:
-> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.eigen/2561/focus=2577

So far,
* there is a cmake problem which caused the tewst errors previously
  reported, and a simple workaround (cd test; make; ctest)
* Eigen 3.0.4 tests are OK with gcc 4.3 and icc 12.0
* Eigen 3.0 tests are also OK with gcc 4.3
  -> the problem encountered in the IPOL code is either due to
     problems out of Eigen or not covered by the Eigen tests
* Eigen 3.0.4 tests fail with suncc
* I still don't know how to disable all non-standard code and get a
  pure C++98 version of Eigen

My temporary conclusion is that I overreacted on the Eigen portability
issues, but it still doesn't look like a perfectly portable and
reliable code; this may be a consequence of the complexity of template
metaprogramming.

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/