[IPOL discuss] Ipol articles

Miguel Colom Miguel.Colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Sat Dec 31 15:36:23 CET 2011

> and there http://dev.ipol.im/~simonl/php/pdfInHtml/
>
> In this last page, the idea is to upload your own pdf files, and try 3
> different ways to view the pdf online: your own browser plugin, a
> technology based on flash (FlexPaper), and another based on javascript
> (pdf.js). You can try them by checking the associated radio button. You
> can [...]

In my opinion, the FlexPaper alternative is quite adequate, because it can
use HTML5, that is supported by most browsers.

Not all browsers implement the whole set of HTML5 capabilities, or do it
completely right, but FlexPaper can detect the browser and render the PDF
according to their implemented functions.

In the FlexPaper website there's an example [1] that renders a PDF with
HTML5. I tried with Chromium and it works perfectly. With Firefox 8.0 it
also worked.
I would be good if many of us can try [1] with different browsers, to
known if it fails with some browsers.

I think that a HTML5 engine is the best option.

Best wishes,
Miguel

[1] http://flexpaper.devaldi.com/examples/html5viewer/default.jsp