[IPOL discuss] Vector graphics on IPOL: which format to use?

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Jul 4 14:49:30 CEST 2011

> If it takes work is not worth it. It was just a comment. However we
> are making choices based on this data. Maybe our stats show that some
> IE version is a minor platform just because we have an unusual high
> percentage of linux users. If we take decisions based on the relative
> weight of each browser, it matters. If not, maybe we should not pay
> that much attention to the stats and make it work for every browser
> that has a significant share.

Indeed, we have a high proportion of Linux users (16% in 2011 vs 2%
of the web clients worldwide), and a surrepresentation of Firefox (45%
vs 28% wordwide), probably because of the academic profile of IPOL
visitors.

That's why we must consider the IPOL statistics I provided when we
want to decide whether an OS/browser configuration is important for
IPOL. We configure IPOL for IPOL users (ourselves, our labs, and other
labs, researchers and students), not for "the average internet user".

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/