[IPOL discuss] ikiwiki broken on ubuntu 11.10

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 22:13:57 CET 2011

Dear all,
          Seems that imagemagick/graphicsmagick added a nasty bug,
which renders ikiwiki unusable:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=609535.
ImageMagick is an example of a library we should never use. They
rendered all previous code unusable, because if you dont add a call to
InitializeMagick() at the begging, the program hangs with that error.
This happened to me with my own algorithms, and now breaks other
packages. This is awesome....

juanc at sapo : ~/juanc/pub_git/article_template
> ikiwiki --setup sys/ikiwiki.setup
perl: magick/semaphore.c:526: LockSemaphoreInfo: Assertion
`semaphore_info->signature == 0xabacadabUL' failed.

If you use ikiwiki, hold your updates, or you will suffer like me :D