[IPOL discuss] compiling for windows

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Wed Oct 26 18:08:35 CEST 2011

Hi,

I recently spent some time exploring cross-compilation: compile for
Windows from Linux. The goals were:
- check the compatibility of the code with a Windows environment, by
  testing the compilation and execution
- see if it can help for the distribution of programs to Windows users
- learn cross-compilation

It works. Using mingw and wine (both available in Debian/Ubuntu), you
can compile for Windows and link to DLLs (Win32 version of the shared
libraries) and execute the program in a Windows environment. I could
do it with the retinex_pde and simplest_color_balance codes, with
libpng and libfftw3.

So if you are trying to do similar things, ask me before for hints to
save time. And if you already did similar things, you probably know
more than me :)

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/