[IPOL discuss] IDL ??

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 18:44:51 CEST 2011

Dear Nicolas,
       We have people close to us using IDL, from the lab in the
Universidad de Chile, led by Steffen Hartel. They use it intensively
and they gave a course here in Uruguay some years ago. Actually, a
student of him, Jorge Jara, is the one making the CLG optic flow demo
with Haldo and me. In fact, the code that will be published in IPOL
comes from IDL, because it supports writing C++ plugins, and that's
exactly what Hartel's group doest all the time. As a side note,
porting that C++ code coming from IDL was really straitgh-forward for
us, which is good, seems that the IDL part could be easily isolated.
If you want, I could put you in contact with Jorge, and you could ask
him further questions.
Best regards,
                    Juan