[IPOL discuss] compiling for windows

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Wed Oct 26 20:48:49 CEST 2011

> I know Nicolas will say: we don't have resources. But if we seriously
> plan to support the 3 major platforms, we can't be testing this by
> hand, we already have a considerable amount of demos to take care of.

Wrong!! :)
I don't say "we don't have the resource", I say "I would love
that!". And I would love to spend time on setting a network of
various (real and virtual) hardware and OS with automated tools to
torture all the code submitted to IPOL. It would really be more
interesting than coding web interfaces (or writing a boring
thesis...).

I already try to torture my code with 10 compilers and I am waiting
for the release of Debian/Multiarch[1] to do it on 10 emulated
architectures. I have dusty SPARC and HPPA machines hidden under a
desk. If you want to do serious software quality testing, count on
me.

[1]http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/