[IPOL discuss] ICC color profiles

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Dec 10 12:38:46 CET 2012

Dear all,
these days we've been dealing with a weird problem with the Noise
Clinic demo (still in development, not published). We denoised an
image and the result was too dark. However, the values of the pixels
very quite similar.

We found that this was caused since the input image had a ICC color
profile [1] "ACER X233H" and the denoised image doesn't have any.
Therefore, they show different.

Perhaps it'd be a good idea in the future to modify the io_png helper
files to treat somehow the ICC color profiles. Or even better, that
the demo system does.

Best,
Miguel

[1] http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/book/chapter10.html#png.ch10.div.7