[IPOL discuss] PDF and attachments

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 13:23:00 CET 2012

Dear all,
           With Adobe Reader 9.4.7 under ubuntu linux (12.10) I could not
find any attachment. Using okular (0.15.3) on the same machine, I found the
attachment but with a weird filename (þÿ). However using the file command I
realized that it was a tar.gz and uncompressed it successfuly.
Using the default document viewer (version 3.6) I found it, with the
correct filename,

I think it works nicely (on some pograms), but it seems like a hidden or
little known feature. In evince I had to go to a couple of menus until
reaching the attachment. Maybe linking also those attachments from the text
could help.

Regards,
            Juan