[IPOL discuss] PDF and attachments

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Dec 24 07:19:26 CET 2012

Hi,

I just discovered that PDF files can have attachments, external files
embedded in the PDF document, which can be read and saved locally with
Adobe Reader as well as free readers like Okular ou Evince.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Document_Format#File_attachments

This could be a way to distribute all the article content together as
a single file. For the moment, for IPOL, it would not replace the
manuscript and source code as currently available on the article
pages, but it could be a third "all-in-one" option.

I created an example here, with the latest article:
http://dev.ipol.im/~nil/tmp/ipol/pdf/article_lr_code.pdf

Can you find the attached file? Do you think it is convenient? Should
we add this to the IPOL article files?

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan         http://limare.perso.math.cnrs.fr/