[IPOL discuss] publishing the LaTeX source of IPOL articles?

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Mar 26 21:08:50 CET 2013

> What do you think about publishing the LaTeX source of IPOL articles
> on ipol.im, for example as supplementary materials? I see a few
> benefits: [...]

In my very personal opinion, normally one doesn't need to reproduce a
large text with formulas in a new article. And if it's done, perhaps
it'd have been better to cite the formulas from the original article
than reproducing them.

I understand that it could be useful for those users that aren't LaTeX
experts, so they can copy and paste portions of code, but I don't
think this is a sufficient reason. There're other much more adequate
sources of information on how to write proper LaTeX.

However, I think that putting in the web (below the PDF preview) links
to the referred articles is worth doing. Ideally, it could be done
automatically parsing the Bibtex file and getting the title, authors
and DOI entries. In practice, some manual work would be needed.