[IPOL discuss] publishing the LaTeX source of IPOL articles?

Pascal Getreuer getreuer at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Wed Mar 27 00:08:14 CET 2013

I see the potential benefits, but for past articles, I do suggest that
IPOL asks for the author's consent before publishing their LaTeX
sources.  I hadn't expected my LaTeX sources to be distributed beyond
the IPOL tech team, and I might have cleaned up my comments and label
names better had I known they would be exposed to the world at large.
Maybe other authors feel the same way?

> Moreover, some people in a conference recently attended by Carlo say
> they want to be able to regenerate article files in other formats than
> the PDF provided by the publisher.

That would be really great, and for me a motivating reason to publish
LaTeX sources.  What formats do they have in mind?

> However, I think that putting in the web (below the PDF preview) links to
> the referred articles is worth doing. Ideally, it could be done
> automatically parsing the Bibtex file and getting the title, authors and DOI
> entries. In practice, some manual work would be needed.

I really like this idea.  Extracted references could be beautifully
listed below the PDF preview with clickable DOI links.