[IPOL discuss] Software Guidelines

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Thu May 29 07:39:49 CEST 2014

Loic,

> After Miguel kindly helped me, this turned out not to be so hard. And I
> thought it could be helpful to others to make his knowledge public in the
> guidelines themselves. Therefore I propose to add an explicit description
> of the usage of ulimit in section 2.8 of the guidelines. Considering what
> is recommended in the present, the usage example would look like that:
>
> ulimit -m 1000000 -d 1000000 -v 1000000 -s 8000
> progname args

Thanks, I added that to the Annex C.
-> https://tools.ipol.im/wiki/ref/software_guidelines/#c.-coding-help

I added the -t option to limit the computation time too. Note that
this is for the bash shell, it doesn't work with sh/dash (no "-v"
option).

This kind of useful information could be in a editor/reviewer manual.

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan        http://limare.perso.math.cnrs.fr/
IPOL journal                                            http://www.ipol.im/