[IPOL discuss] [IPOL edit] Suggested changes in Submission Procedure/Author Manual

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Thu Jul 6 10:41:51 CEST 2017

Quoting Enric Meinhardt-Llopis <enric.meinhardt at cmla.ens-cachan.fr>:

> Dear all,
>
> You are talking about major changes to IPOL here.  Should we summon
> the whole editorial board to approve these changes?  (arrange a
> meeting, or send a mail to everybody with a poll to explicitly accept
> each of the changes)
>
> Maybe not all the people in the editorial board are reading this
> mailing list, or maybe they are not reading it this week.
>
> I want to have a voice in these changes but I'm not sure that this
> mailing list reaches everybody.

Dear Enric,

I think that to remove the false information in the IPOL pages
(Software Guidelines, FAQ, help, etc.) is urgente and should be done
now. Some of that false claims are that we don't support MATLAB, among
others. We wouldn't be deciding anything new, but just correcting the
docs.

About summoning all the Editorial Board or emailing them, as you wish.
My opinion is that we should be way more agile, in the sense that if
we detect that our information is false, that we can improve it
quickly, and someone has already taken the responsibility to do it,
then it should be done immediately.

I'm afraid that if we don't be that agile, most of the time things
won't be done at all because we'll be waiting for eventual discussions
that won't ever happen and in the worst case this wait will block the
actions.

My proposal is to simply update the docs and to rearrange some parts
(move the C/++ to a dedicated part).

Given said that, if you really think that it's necessary that all the
Editorial Board votes, let's do that then. I'm not opposed at all.

Best,
Miguel