[IPOL discuss] IPOL on windows

Pascal Monasse monasse at imagine.enpc.fr
Sun Oct 2 17:09:31 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I  think this is a good idea, and I can recommend cmake for that. After
extensive use, I found it to be very reliable and simple.

For code that builds with gcc, there is generally no problem to make it work
under Windows, except sometimes a few one-line corrections. Notice however
that code that compiles cleanly in g++ often produces many warnings with
Visual C++ and vice-versa.

However, for already published code that needs correction, even though minor,
we have a policy problem: that code cannot be changed, but updates have to be
added as new versions. To add link to these new versions, we need an
intervention from the editor.

Best,
Pascal