[IPOL discuss] IPOL on windows

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:16:45 CEST 2011

> Alternatively, we can store contributed CMakefiles for IPOL codes in
> the wiki too.
>
> I suggest the authors to provide, in the IPOL article, a link to an
> external page for future code updates. I think future code releases
> should be hosted there, out of IPOL (because not reviewed) but
> accessible from IPOL (via a link). This external page can be anything,
> a http://dev.ipol.im/~user/foo/ or http://foo-university.edu/blah/
> folder, a http://dev.ipol.im/git?p=user/foo.git or
> http://github.com/user/blah git repository, ...

I think it is nice to accept contributions of third parties, not only
authors. Lets say I take the time to donwload and compile it on
windows, it would be nice to give back the experience, in the form of
instructions, cmake or whatever.
I don't wan't to increase the burden of the authors, which is very big
at the moment.