[IPOL discuss] IPOL code updates [Re: IPOL on windows]

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Oct 4 16:35:27 CEST 2011

> Do we could imagine a git repository for each publication to receive update
> in time ?
>
> I want to say the publication comes with a basic code. The one that was
> accepted.
> And an additional link to a git repository to receive code update
> (compilation fixes, code fixes, additional comment,  documentation)

That's what I did for my codes: the IPOL page links to a git repo on
dev.ipol.im where the "IPOL" tag (tags and branches are the same
thing) marks the version published on IPOL.

-> page http://www.ipol.im/pub/algo/lmps_retinex_poisson_equation/#index6h1
-> git repo http://dev.ipol.im/git/?p=nil/retinex_pde.git
-> git tag http://dev.ipol.im/git/?p=nil/retinex_pde.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/IPOL

> -> The validated publication have his code in the master trunk (with to
> archive functionality to have the same as today with code download)
> -> A fork branches receive the modification from the community

I think doing it for every code is too much, because some authors
don't use git. But I encourage every author to do it. There already is
some git doc in the wiki.

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/