[IPOL discuss] compiling for windows

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Wed Oct 26 21:03:54 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 08:19:51PM +0200, Miguel Colom wrote:
> > I know Nicolas will say: we don't have resources. But if we seriously
> > plan to support the 3 major platforms, we [...]
>
> Why should we give support to proprietary platforms from private
> companies?

Because we make software, not "software for public platforms from
non-profit groups". Because we make science, which should be
universal.

And 2/3 of IPOL visitors use Windows. Even if I still feel this system
is hostile to programmers, and I don't enjoy using it, I would like my
code and all IPOL code to be usable on Windows. And BSD and OpenVMS...

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan    http://www.cmla.ens-cachan.fr/~limare/