[IPOL discuss] ICC color profiles

Miguel Colom colom at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Dec 10 14:44:52 CET 2012

> Supposing we can trust the color profile/gamma, it would be desirable
> for IPOL to transform the input image intensities to a single
> well-defined color space, such as sRGB [1] (the sRGB color space is
> the most widely accepted model of how intensity values correspond to
> physical colors when rendered by a typical computer display).  In this
> way, the subsequent processing is agnostic to the source color space.
> Output images should always be written as sRGB.

Thanks for the reply, Pascal.

In my opinion, what should be done is:
1) Read the image ICC.
2) Read the image pixels.
3) Process the image (C/C++ program).
4) Save the the output image pixels.
5) Embed the ICC into the input image.

The demo system can do (1) and (5) more or less automatically, since
it doesn't need to understand the ICC contents. It just needs to read
them and the write them into the output file, as-is.

Best,
Miguel