[IPOL discuss] text files as an input of an ipol demo

Nicolas Limare nicolas.limare at cmla.ens-cachan.fr
Mon Dec 31 11:07:03 CET 2012

B1;3202;0cJulie,

> I am preparing a series of submissions on 3d point cloud processing, and I
> would like to know if someone had written an input template for not only
> uploading but choosing among a set of proposed point clouds (in txt
> format) [...] If we could have a standard way to use text files or
> compressed text files as input that would be perfect [...]

There is no standard way to do it yet because when the demo system was
built it was assumed that demos upload would be image files only, so
this assumption is everywhere in the upload processing code.

A standard way to handle other input data would require to rewrite the
input upload/selection and pre-processing with less assumptions and
more flexibility. For non-standard ways do do it, you must redefine
all the input chain of the base_app class in your app class, but
unfortunately I have never done it and have no code available to help
you.

But have a happy new year anyway :)

--
Nicolas LIMARE - CMLA - ENS Cachan         http://limare.perso.math.cnrs.fr/